Over the last decade, Martin & Ottaway has become increasingly active in non-marine technical consulting as clients have become aware that many systems used in the maritime field also are in use in non-marine applications.
The technical backgrounds of the firm’s consultants, which include marine engineering, naval architecture, aerospace and ocean engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, as well as electrical and electronics, allows for the cross utilization of engineering disciplines for non-marine applications.
Areas where the firm has consulted on non-marine technical applications include:
- Shore-based diesel engines and generators
- Patent Issues
- Refrigeration and hydraulic equipment
- Inter-modal operations, such as trailers and chassis
- Shore-based cranes and lifting gear
- Composites design, evaluation, manufacturing and maintenance
- Manufacturing and storage plants
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Human factors design and engineering
- Product quality monitoring
- Instrumentation and strain gauging
- Asbestos and related investigations
Related Blog Entries: